Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Tracking a lowered car

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  AL 
#1 ·
Cant seem to get my car tracked anywhere, they all say that it is too low and cant get the equipment on it. anyone know anywhere in leicester or derby who use a different way and can track it?

#7 ·
Oakey22 said:
Cant seem to get my car tracked anywhere, they all say that it is too low and cant get the equipment on it. anyone know anywhere in leicester or derby who use a different way and can track it?

walkers tyre just off abbey lane is where i got mine done on my old astra mk3 (thats about 70mm at the back with the wheel in the arch...)

#11 ·
sure i remeber telling you about this place before

mayfield road in leicester near victoria park its a place called tyres galore they use that 3d computised stuff, doesnt actually go over the tyre it goes on the wheel itself so doesnt matter how low it is

gives you all the picture printouts of before and after geometry results..25 quid all in

#14 ·
laser trackers are no good if you have a low front bumper I had to remove mine once lol.
Tracking is one of them things most run of the mill garages wont want to do as they dont understand the point of lowering a car!

There is a type of tracker that will be ok if your tyre is in the arch as it clamps to the face of the wheel, cant remember what its called though!

#18 ·
went there today reece, they said they would need to dismantle the rack to see if the track rod ends were ok to adjust. as they didnt want to get ti all ready and for them to snap. want £35 just to have a look and take it apart, and then the price of the track rod ends if they break. then the £25 for the tracking.

how hard is it to change the track rod ends and what is involved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.