Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Next Project - Rear Engined XE Mini

26K views 319 replies 74 participants last post by  C20Brett 
#1 · (Edited)

not going to say much at the momment , will have new website for it next week ... collecting the car tonight .. bought it for 100 quid ... over the next week i want it gutted and only the shell will be left :cool: everything else is going on ebay for 99p !

anyone who knows my last projects will like this one.

Matt

See less See more
#81 ·
Got rid of the dash rail ! :

rack sits better now .. :

Still unsure of how best to mount it yet , i might put two cross bars in for now , then take another look at it when the roll cage is in.
Spent allot of time tonight taking track rod ends off , and looking at the rear subframe :

I am planning on running a L or U shaped channel across the old subframe mounting points , then the vauxhall subframe can bolt to this , But i am not sure how much room i will have for the sump / exhaust ... but it maybe better running the exhaust over the top of the gearbox anyway .. would allow for a bigger box etc in the system... really need an XE , have placed a bid on ebay for one ..so we shall see.

#85 ·
i know .. must clean garage up , once i have the steering rack on i will roll the car out and have a good clean up for everyone before the XE arrives ! anyone fancy beers = cleaning ??

Chip you coming round this week ?

Matt

#86 ·
Ok , i have run two 25x25x2 box sections across from each of the inner wings, and then made some brackets of this to hold the vauxhall steering rack, please dont talk to me about bump steer etc.... but if i need to move the rack it should not be to much of a problem with a few spacers etc... :)

Now the rack was it , it was time to take my office chair as it is needed for bigger and better things ! :

and on with the steering coloum :

Now i think its going to be too long , but will talk more about that in a bit.

Now my office chair is resting in its new home ! :

I dont it will be much of a problem sorting out the seating position...
Now onto the steering column:

How does this come apart ? i am thinking i can just use the top part of the column and remove the black tube ? Also there seems to be a plastic bush stoping it all coming out , is this just pressed in ?
Off to london tommorow so will be late back so no progress tommorow night ....

#98 ·
appytiser said:
i hate people like you :mad: :mad:

i hate you cos you make it look soooooooooo bloody easy. ur just a show off :p lmao how many people could build something like that with no plans etc :confused: . ur a bloody genius now go away
yea .. but people who plan are looking at it and saying .. thats not going to work , but i dont find that out till later lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.