Declare SORN online, check your car's status etc
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Declare SORN online, check your car's status etc

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Declare SORN online, check your car's status etc

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

You can check your registration number and see what colour, cubic capacity, when it was last taxed etc etc all on there.

you can also declare sorn

handy
    BRB
    when the gagged ones are reinstated

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

East Midlands Regional Coordinator Nemesis's Avatar
    Drives
    Cars, Loves:Whores
    great stuff

MIG Regions Admin / South Central Regional Coordinator Benn's Avatar
    Drives
    Shiney C20let Nova
    wow,it says i got a v5 in jan? never saw that...
    and wtf this bit?
    Date of Liability 01 01 2006
    I dare any of you to tell me you wouldn't let this upstanding young citizen slob on your knob like corn on the cob.

East Midlands Regional Coordinator Nemesis's Avatar
    Drives
    Cars, Loves:Whores
    Quote Originally Posted by benn
    Date of Liability 01 01 2006
    When you are liable to tax it or sorn it?

Drives
    Shiney C20let Nova
    its sorned at the mo....
    I dare any of you to tell me you wouldn't let this upstanding young citizen slob on your knob like corn on the cob.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Like its stolen
    you have to sorn every year now, so as chav says, its when you next have to.

Drives
    Shiney C20let Nova
    oh right,well going back on the aroad soon so

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Pug 106 NAD Shed
    Cheers for the link. The feckers just got 80 quid out of me for my kit car I wrote to them questioning the fine as I didnt get a reminder and they wrote back saying they dont have to and as it has to be SORNed every 12 months I had to pay up.
    How the **** was I meant to know they changed the rules? The cars been sat in a field for the last 2 1/2 years as I have no off road parking available and I still manage to get fined!
    Never stick your finger where you wouldn't stick your dick and you won't go far wrong.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Bugger. I better SORN the mini and pop then as they arent going anywhere soon
    BRB

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    VW, wants Nova again
    um.....

Date of Liability 01 04 2005

does that mean i should have done somthing about re-sorn'ing my car by now??

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa B
    i thought that meant when you bought the car???

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2.0 16v Astra GTE
    Brilliant, when my MOT is next done I will be able to tax the car online, no more queuing behind a dozen pensioners buying a first class stamp each!
    Veni,Vidi,Scubi

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2.0 16v Astra GTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Baldwin
    Cheers for the link. The feckers just got 80 quid out of me for my kit car I wrote to them questioning the fine as I didnt get a reminder and they wrote back saying they dont have to and as it has to be SORNed every 12 months I had to pay up.
    How the **** was I meant to know they changed the rules? The cars been sat in a field for the last 2 1/2 years as I have no off road parking available and I still manage to get fined!

If you don't pay it they take you to court. I don't know of anyone who has actually been taken to court.
    Veni,Vidi,Scubi

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Pug 106 NAD Shed
    Better sort it Flo, they couldnt give a toss if u appeal. Best thing is that when u first get the letter the fine is 35 or something like that, if u dont pay it and argue the toss the time it takes for them to write back means u then incur a higher charge.
    I paid em the 80 as I got a letter thru saying next step is going to court, cant be doing with that again so I paid it.
    Never stick your finger where you wouldn't stick your dick and you won't go far wrong.

Drives
    Most days
    Just write back saying did you not get my letter date XXXXXX regarding SORN.

Done it a few times

Paul

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Isuzu Trooper
    Wonder how they'd check insurance if the car's covered unde a traders policy

Gagged
    Drives
    Nova Ltd Edition
    I dont work in commercial underwriting any more, but we used to have a website where traders would enter their car details and it would then get added to the insurance database
    ///The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Better sort it Flo, they couldnt give a toss if u appeal. Best thing is that when u first get the letter the fine is 35 or something like that, if u dont pay it and argue the toss the time it takes for them to write back means u then incur a higher charge.
    I paid em the 80 as I got a letter thru saying next step is going to court, cant be doing with that again so I paid it.
    They posted an 80 fine to me for my corsa (which i stripped and scrapped) didnt send off the logbook

when i broke it, It had 1 month tax left, so I sent them a letter in reply, stating that I declared it scrapped and sent my tax disc back for a refund in the same envelope, and that i hadnt recieved my refund lmao. Told them I had no intention of paying the fine.

Worked too, and I never heard from them again. Guess they just can't be arsed. dunno
    BRB

Drives
    Most days
    My MG has been off the road 2-3 years, not SORN'ed.
    The minute I tax it, will probably result in a fine!

Paul

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    a Crotch Rocket
    I feel i have some fines coming. I have a cally and an astra van in my name which i scrapped but never declared. Also a motorbike which ended up at a salvage yard and has probably been sold on since but i still have the log book in my name.

Thing is, the cars are registered to my old address so the fines may have been going there for months without me knowing.

I'll just send the log books off and see what happens but i'm already bending over and grabbing my ankles.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Zafira VXR
    wouldnt worry about it tbh ive had about 5 of the fines come through now for different cars

i taxed my astra a month to late they sent me a fine, wrote back basically telling them to bollocks and take me court if they want. heard nothing back about that.

blue calibra, theyve sent me two just not bothered replying at all, last one was sent to me about 3 months ago and got nothing since.

old white calibra, scrapped that without declaring, so wrote back to them saying it had been scrapped to a randomly made up breakers yard

last mk2 astra sxi, same as white calibra

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Nippy Cav Turbo

i got 90 fined and it was already sorned OFF PUBLIC ROADS but they wouldnt take it
    I love MIG...MIG loves meeee...like one big gooOy F A M I L E E E

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    like a saint-9points
    good link. be decent if it told you the name of the owner on the book

rodgerq
    thick red - battery, thin black - igntion switched feed, thick red/blue - fuel pump, brown/blue - ecu light. thin green - rev counter.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    95 Cav GSI HatchBack
    It will always come back to haunt you
    I got a parking ticket chrismas eve!! 2 years ago for expiry of time on the ticket wtf they expect on christmas .. I really saw my ars* and tore the ticket off the screen and basically forgot about it .
    9 monthes later i got a letter through the post demanding 90 quid fu*k em .. in the bin with the letter .
    Eventually after 12 months a final letter arrived demanding 190!!!! quid ffs !! bailiffs and all .
    ended up paying the f*cker !!! well shafted well piss*d off and she wasn't too happy either lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    yeah but thats not the dvla.
    BRB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-12-2012, 11:37