Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

My cars new throttle body

769 views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Rick Draper 
#1 ·
Got this from the USA today, its a 65mm throttle body to go on my cars new inlet manifold that shud be here in a few weeks. When its all fitted it shud definatly make the LET breath a lot easier but it all comes at a price :cool:

See less See more
#7 ·
Rs1 said:
Looks a nice bit of kit. It comes at a cost,lol, how much??? No two stage butterfly,thats gonna kill any economy or is it for a big power application?
Big power, whats economy :confused: . Hopefully i will have some pics of it on the inlet soon, but as of yout i dont know what thats going to look like! The inlet is costing £680 including a new fuel rail, custom plenium and a jenvey inlet manifold. The TB including postage was about £200+ iirc, so its not a cheap job.

#8 ·
Rick Draper said:
Big power, whats economy :confused: . Hopefully i will have some pics of it on the inlet soon, but as of yout i dont know what thats going to look like! The inlet is costing £680 including a new fuel rail, custom plenium and a jenvey inlet manifold. The TB including postage was about £200+ iirc, so its not a cheap job.
you will be able to run so much less boost for the same output :D

#13 ·
chip said:
Nice to see your project still plodding along mate, any idea when it will all be together and running?
Hopefully with its lower spec engine which will hold it back it shud be on the road a few weeks after the PV show. I have been pushing to try and get it to PV but its just not happening, and besides i have waited this long so a few weeks is not going to hurt, there is no point rushing it now.

#15 ·
Rick Draper said:
Also it will let me run with no idle control valve as the throttle body has 3 holes drilled into it and a filled machined into the body before the throttle plate. Its one tasty piece of kit.
Can't be a bad thing binning the ICV> wouldn't have thought Autotronic would allow you to run one anyway though?

#17 ·
haven't you finished that bloody nova yet? lmao

I'm surprised you haven't thought about more TB's not just a bigger one, like a TB set up for an XE with and uprated fuel suply surely that would let it breath a hell of a lot better and give a fair few horses more as well?

#18 ·
DaveB said:
Can't be a bad thing binning the ICV> wouldn't have thought Autotronic would allow you to run one anyway though?
Nope autronic does not use it, its still on the engine though as i never bothered removing it, blocking up the old holes and drilling the old throttle plate.

TB's were a option but whats the point when the inlet manifold i am having made has produced results of 450bhp on a zetec turbo.

Nova is getting there, hopefully it shud be done soon but i want it ran in and mapped properly by MAD for big boost before i take it to any shows, otherwise people whole be thrashing me on the way there and back and saying how slow it was and how there corsa sport beat me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.