Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

vw /audi AEB 1.8T parts???

1K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  chip 
#1 ·
Long story, but basically i owe someone a set of steel rods and 82mm forged pistons for an audi a4 1.8t motor, anyone got a decent priced supplier for them?

Stateside or over here, not too botheed, but i do need them relatively quickly (EIP Tuning who i was going to be using can get some particuarly nice ones but its a six week delay :( )

Thanks in advance lads.

Chip

#3 ·
850?
wash your mouth out!

Seriously though, thanks for trying mate, it really is much appreciated as i know you arent really a VAG supplier but i really need to be keeping it to not much over a grand for both the rods and pistons ideally.
Was budgeting about 650 for rods and 450 for pistons.

Was only 800 quid stateside from EIP for both :(
(including shipping)

#13 ·
Jabbasport do JE pistons "from £675" (i believe + VAT too)

Not exactly the sort of cost i was looking to pay, thats full retail.

Same thing for a vauxhall steveboyslim on here charges about 450 all in for!!!

Cheers anyway though.

#17 ·
Ah ok, fair enough.

Ive found a few other stateside suppliers, they are all the same sort of price, circa 1600 dollars including postage to the uk (taxes to pay on top though)
But that should bring it in under a grand if i can get them to make the cost down for shipping.

Thanks very much for trying Rob.

Have you got those injectors off to my mate John yet?
(oh and thanks for the big mac meal it was lovely lmao)

#21 ·
PS

Can send you the other 3 quid at some point if you want, it was just FAR too funny not to exploit your good nature and take you right out of context at the time lmao

#25 ·
After that PM I think you had better put those stickers in after all mate.

PMSL

No worries, and thanks for sorting it in the end, these things happen and it was totally beyond your control.

#26 ·
Found some now :D

$555 for the pistons
$625 for the rods
$100ish for shipping

And they will mark them down for tax.

So about
800 quid all in.

Wahooo

And only 14 days to make the pistons!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.