Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Ultima GT-R

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike007 
#1 ·
Saturday night i spent the evening round my Girlfriends Aunts, and whilst chatting away to my Girlfriends uncle he told me he was building a car in his garage, so thinking it was some westfield kit car or something i quizzed him on the subject. He said come out and look. Well to start with the garage on the side of the house wasnt your normal garage. Its 60ft long and 20ft wide with a 2 post lift in one part, a seperate spray booth in the next bit, and an ex MOT bay in the third part with pit and brake tester!!!! I found out it used to be the service station for theyre village. Anyhow when the lights came on, here sat not what i thought. Infact he is building an Ultima!!!!!!!
I nearly wet myself... Heres some pics in mid build. Cant wait till its done.......

The nice and new shiny V8

He has every conceivable option except for the dry sump kit although he wishes he got that now. He showed me the gearbox, which comes from a new porsche and he assured me it cost more than a Brand new Ford KA :eek:
Roll on completion day!

See less See more
#10 ·
FFS, everyone else can manage to make their comments, why do some feel the urge to quote the whole ***king thread with pics?? we're not seeing anything new!!

#13 ·
chip said:
Keep hold of her mate, talk about the ideal family to be marrying into, lol
Youre not wrong. Shes as much of a legend as the car is lmao
I reckon itll be mostly a track day car, with the occasional blat round the local roads. Not short of nice motors is he so this wont be a regular i doubt.
V8 has been tuned but im not sure to what exactly.

#16 ·
s'ok mate, just one of those things that used to do my head in when I was on 56k lol

#25 ·
Just found this on the Ultima website;

The world beating performance figures obtained are:
0-60mph
2.7secs
0-100mph
5.5secs
0-150mph
11.8secs
30-70mph
2.0secs
0-100mph-0
10.3secs
100mph-0 Braking
3.9secs

Speed Achieved
204mph on the Bruntingthorpe straight

Top Speed
231mph est. (gearing limited)
Standing ¼ mile
10.5secs @ 140mph terminal *

Engine
Chevrolet V8 377cu in
Power
641bhp
Torque
545ft/lbs
Transmission
Porsche G50
:eek:

#26 ·
Caul Pope said:
Just found this on the Ultima website;

The world beating performance figures obtained are:
0-60mph
2.7secs
0-100mph
5.5secs
0-150mph
11.8secs
30-70mph
2.0secs
0-100mph-0
10.3secs
100mph-0 Braking
3.9secs

Speed Achieved
204mph on the Bruntingthorpe straight

Top Speed
231mph est. (gearing limited)
Standing ¼ mile
10.5secs @ 140mph terminal *

Engine
Chevrolet V8 377cu in
Power
641bhp
Torque
545ft/lbs
Transmission
Porsche G50
:eek:
that is the car equivalent of pammy anderson then :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.