Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Where to put the next v6...

1K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  bombaybadboy 
#1 ·
Ok im after some opinions......
Looks like Im getting a 3ltr v6 motor (200hpish) but what shall i put it in as i cant decide! :confused:
I dont need it as an everyday vehicle but i dont want to throw extoranate money at it either but just for some fun although i wouldnt mind it fast in a straightline its not like i do track days or nowt.
I would be looking at stripping it out to the maximum for saving weight.
Ive thought of several idea's but nothing that really ripsnorting..

Idea's have been
Stick it something like a chevette or old rwd cav
Cav gsi 4x4 3ltr
Thought about a 3ltr frontera but the thinking of the weight issue thought about being totally silly and sticking it in a suzuki jeep thingy.
Or do i just stick it in another astra and sell it on ebay as a 2.5ltr made about 2.5k this week on there :confused: (then hopefully i could let a nova/corsa)

#7 ·
yeah, use the corsa shafts and mk2 1600 cav inners like on a nova i guess??

do a search on fitting an xe in a corsa, im sure the answer is on here (i cant help cause i know nothing about corsas im afraid)

#8 ·
Get a 2.8 or 2.5 td Frontera Sport and stick it in there - weight won't be an issue compared to the diesels, and with the diesel gear ratios it should have a good top speed :D

#19 ·
wisecobandit said:
Yeah but unfortunatly they are pretty lardy on the weight front.It has got the early straight 6 in it already and it is an automatic.
Fit a V6 and omega box, knock a bit of weight off and add some power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.