Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

It's ALIVE!!

2K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  rodgerq 
#1 ·
Yes indeedio!

Today the turbo was started for the first time in nearly 18 months. Not only that but the cams were run in and she even moved under her own power!

It's not the end of the road just yet - but she sounds fantastic and started first time without even more than one turning of the engine!

She's now insured and I shall be getting tax tomorrow... then... we run her in

Can't thank Jamie enough for his time - although I still have no powersteering and the airfilter needs housing... and the autronic, water injection and fuel pump to do... but that's all when it's run in

Here are some 'Look at me, I've moved!' pics:

Now on the driveway... at least now I can wash the others!

Image quality sucks.. but it rained all day anyways.

Gold manifold anyone?

With the bumper back on she looks almost normal eh

See less See more
#2 ·
You're lucky dude - I left our Mondeo in the garage for 5 months over winter. It went in running perfectly but came out with two broken springs, wishbones gone and needing new brake discs.

I'll leave the fooker on the road next time lmao

#6 ·
Dan looked so nervous when he started it up, but all is well, i kept burning myself on the manifold to, poxy thing lmao, just need to sort the pas, hopefully wont take long, but i have a feeling its down to the 19's as its really heavy, will soon be sorted tho hopefully.

#7 ·
Cheers Jamie! lol

Spec? Blimey.. it would be long. Very long.

But I honestly can't think of a single part I haven't changed.. except the injectors (until she's run in!)

86.5mm Acralite pistons (should be around 8.2:1 - unless I've typed that wrong!)
Block rebore ^^
Crank, flywheel, clutch all balanced
Lightweight flywheel
Head worked on by our very own Gary
Cometic gasket
Double springs and uprated caps (head)
Reprofiled cams
Vernier pulleys
Ally crank pulley (belt changed to V style for alternator)
Pug 106 powersteering
Custom top hat (inlet)
Forge custom dump valve
Custom DSM exhaust manifold (thanks Rick)
Precision T & E SCM5027E Turbo charger (custom feeds/returns)
Custom intercooler (Japan)
One off exhaust
One off I/C piping and routing
Blah blah blah...

Still to come is:

Water injection (I have it here in a box waiting)
New injectors (again, after the run-in period)
Autronic.. or whatever else I can find to power it :p - currently on Phase 3.5+ - which will suffice
New fuel pump (again, after she's done a 1000 miles - sat here in a box! lol)

It's never ending as you can imagine... but I'm chuffed she's moved under her own steam!

Jamie has soooo much to look forward to yet! :D

#8 ·
That's bloody gorgeous - shall we expect to see it this year then? :D

And on the subject of leaving things: in the 3 or 4 weeks the Tigra was away from us, I must have grown! LOL - I don't fit in the ***king thing anymore :|

#10 ·
AL@HotHatch said:
That's bloody gorgeous - shall we expect to see it this year then? :D

And on the subject of leaving things: in the 3 or 4 weeks the Tigra was away from us, I must have grown! LOL - I don't fit in the ***king thing anymore :|
You'll see it at PV and Billing.. I don't know where else I'll be able to get to - but those are certain at this point!

That, and the local MIG meets I now feel I should attend ;)

#16 ·
always wondered about the afm on the inlet side. especially with the heat considered.

might give it a bash with the nova as it would make this easier. :beer:

rodgerq

#17 ·
A credit to you, im rebuilding my cav t engine at the moment, although not quite to that spec! car looks lovely as well as the engine, are we gonna see her run at PV?

#20 ·
An XE? lol... nah - they're much simpler to get running (you only have to watch Jamie curse Turbos to know that!).

She'll be at PV but I'm probably not going to run her - I'm a pretty open bloke and even I know it's still a barge with silly huge wheels... it won't do good 1/4 times (in my mind). She'll be an evil motorway machine though! :D

Besides that, I'd like to keep the clutch for a few months and even try to refrain from killing anything else expensive (TXB, gearbox, driveshafts, tyres... etc) ;)

#26 ·
jamie_f said:
the oil feed comes fron the back of the block as per the std turbo and the return goes to the std return with a bit of pipe jigery pokery, and its still a gravity return aswell, but what do you mean about the turbo core is upside down?
the middle bit of 'T' & 'GT' turbo's rotate so that if its installed with the turbine facing up or down you can turn the core to get the oil feed correct which is Critical on floating bearing turbo's to much oil will damage it or flood into one of the housing i forget which, its worth checking !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.