Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

It's ALIVE!!

2K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  rodgerq 
#1 ·
Yes indeedio!

Today the turbo was started for the first time in nearly 18 months. Not only that but the cams were run in and she even moved under her own power!

It's not the end of the road just yet - but she sounds fantastic and started first time without even more than one turning of the engine!

She's now insured and I shall be getting tax tomorrow... then... we run her in

Can't thank Jamie enough for his time - although I still have no powersteering and the airfilter needs housing... and the autronic, water injection and fuel pump to do... but that's all when it's run in

Here are some 'Look at me, I've moved!' pics:

Now on the driveway... at least now I can wash the others!

Image quality sucks.. but it rained all day anyways.

Gold manifold anyone?

With the bumper back on she looks almost normal eh

See less See more
#38 ·
:D

Cheers guys (and you Rob!).

Thanks for the techy info Jamie - the turbo is correct; I checked that quite fastidiously! :)

Now I need to rob a bank or something to get the money together for the Autronic etc... taxing this afternoon - so if Jamie and I can get the powersteering working I can see me being at the SC meet on Sunday with her. ;)

#40 ·
Will keep us upto date on the AFM situation - would be a good route for you guys who want DV's to go without losing any metered air, just place the DV just before the AFM and presto!

My only concern would be that as things get really hot the AFM may freak as is wasn't designed for such temps in mind - but i don't know that its just a guess

Looks really nice mate, barge or not its a cool car and you will have a great laugh with it on the motorway!!

#41 ·
Rob: I really don't have a place in mind right now.. either ATC (if I can get hold of them) or MAD (same again)... I'd be tempted to use someone I trusted... and of course, get a nice MIG discount on. ;)

Kenny: If I don't update you, Jamie will.. we got the car well up to temperature (well, it took about 15 seconds with that manifold! lol) and it ran so nicely that we were both quite surprised. In fact, it sounded much better than it did when stock.

Harder to keep at one RPM though as the lighter flywheel wants to spin down! :)

#44 ·
750cc injectors :eek: thats pretty big indeed - you aiming for 400hp too?

Theres going to be a few fast LET's this year!!

Glad the AFM is working well mate its a good innovation and again you can fit a DV without fuelling issues which is always nice!! Look forward to the video's of it going ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.