Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

The Omega Project

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  MoleMV6 
#1 ·
Hello people,

my first post on here :)

anyways to kick off i'll tell you a story (no worries it's not long :D )

14th December saw me crash my W reg 1.0 GLS Corsa into a ditch it has been confirmed it's written off :eek: shame she was a good old girl.

so i'm carry on as previously planned to get a Omega 3.0 Elite, thing is i don't want a standard one, well not after i've finished :D

I'm probably going to get a 1999/2000 Omega B not the C and i'd really like to get a Omega B irmscher kit, all round with CC side bump strips. then a nice set of 18" Cross spokes with Deep section rims. and if possible MV6 suspension. and this i'd like but can't find an complete wood to carbon interior conversion.

thing is i've been hunting around and i've found a few places that do the Steinmetz kit, and even fewer doing the Irmscher kit, none state prices?

can anyone give me prices for the parts, and if possible good places to get the kit sprayed and fitted in the london area. I live in ESSEX.

if anyone can give me some advice that would be great.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
as i said guys i'm looking for prices, as i wanna know how much it's going to cost me. besides how many modified omega you gonna find in the scrappers?

well i run this site www.afterhoursracing.co.uk with spenty of pics, just no where states prices, which is annoying.

edit: just checked your site how many pics you got? f'in hell

this is basically what i want to do, but with a steinmetz grill, CC wingmirrors, and slightly different wheels and a boot spoiler

http://daimob.fotki.com/modified_cars/vauxhalls-1/omega/omega20mv6ch.html

#7 ·
Try JMS , Postert ,& Mattig websitesfor ideas , Rossiters for Steinmetz bits or goto Ebay ( germany ) and try Toxdesign for some different bodyparts et.c. As for the wheels , they look like a company called Rial . Hope this of some use !! p.s. the silver Omega on Daimo's pages is mine !!

#10 ·
athlonix said:
Hello people,

my first post on here :)

anyways to kick off i'll tell you a story (no worries it's not long :D )

14th December saw me crash my W reg 1.0 GLS Corsa into a ditch it has been confirmed it's written off :eek: shame she was a good old girl.

so i'm carry on as previously planned to get a Omega 3.0 Elite, thing is i don't want a standard one, well not after i've finished :D

I'm probably going to get a 1999/2000 Omega B not the C and i'd really like to get a Omega B irmscher kit, all round with CC side bump strips. then a nice set of 18" Cross spokes with Deep section rims. and if possible MV6 suspension. and this i'd like but can't find an complete wood to carbon interior conversion.

thing is i've been hunting around and i've found a few places that do the Steinmetz kit, and even fewer doing the Irmscher kit, none state prices?

can anyone give me prices for the parts, and if possible good places to get the kit sprayed and fitted in the london area. I live in ESSEX.

if anyone can give me some advice that would be great.
try getting hold of drizz, he is breaking a omega with full irmcher kit iirc. and wheels as well, get onto him. i'm sure he could help you out with what u need... he's selling the car duno if he has started breaking it yet though.

welcome to mig btw.

MM.

#11 ·
thanks for the welcome

ok i'll ask drizz for the original prices, as i'll be buying all my kit in march and the car in feb.

I found the wheels i want the "BK Racing 299" in silver.

items needed.

Pipercross Viper Induction Kit £200
Bosch Quadspark plugs £45
4 bar fuel pump £80
5.5lb flywheel £280+£240fitting
Remus Exhaust £230
Engine Dress up kit (black braid, Red anno connectors) £180
steinmetz Grill £185
Irmscher Front, side & Rear Kit. £???
Irmscher Mirrors £200
CC door bump strips £???
HSV boot spoiler. £???
BK Racing 299 in Silver 18" with tyres 245's £800
Carbon fascia door and center console replacement. £???
"Omega" door entrance plates. £25 per side
Irmscher misted silver handbrake £18
custom made misted silver Gear knob for Auto. £???
MV6 racing springs and dampers & anti roll bars. £450

tbh all the work is just off putting. the more i think about it the more i can't be asked.

I think i'm probably going to be the youngest Omega owner @ 21 :confused:

#12 ·
hi guys long time reader and first time poster as i found a thread close to my heart.
3.0 omegas are the dogs i only have a 2.0 just now, but i have driven a ex police omega and i fell in love with it,and when the time comes to get rid of the omega it will be v6 all the way. is your omega a manual or auto? mine just now is an auto and tbf is not the quickest, however some of the manuals can shift if you push them, but that is the dream just have to make do the boy racer in me and play with my prelude :) 2.2 vtech goodness :D

p.s i was 21 when i got my omega sold my cavalier for it and i love how comfortable it is, plus the added bonus of being able to fit in it, being 6ft 4 some cars just aren't built for you

#13 ·
omega_man said:
hi guys long time reader and first time poster as i found a thread close to my heart.
3.0 omegas are the dogs i only have a 2.0 just now, but i have driven a ex police omega and i fell in love with it,and when the time comes to get rid of the omega it will be v6 all the way. is your omega a manual or auto? mine just now is an auto and tbf is not the quickest, however some of the manuals can shift if you push them, but that is the dream just have to make do the boy racer in me and play with my prelude :) 2.2 vtech goodness :D

p.s i was 21 when i got my omega sold my cavalier for it and i love how comfortable it is, plus the added bonus of being able to fit in it, being 6ft 4 some cars just aren't built for you

i got mine just after 21 i jus love the sound of the 3lt v6

#14 ·
omega_man said:

well mine will be "fingers crossed" off a friend a V reg 2000 Omega 3.0 V6 Elite one of the last Omega B's built in Silver with Black leather and a Auto box.

i was considering a manual but after having ago at one i changed my mind, there is about a foot between 2nd and 5th... it's not exactly short shift. lmao besides i heard that the auto box is good up to about 300BHP so even with some mods, it will still be good.

well i'm glad i'm not the only one, as all my mates are having ago saying it's an old mans car. yeah will see who wins in a race against your crap heaps seen here http://www.essexracers.com/modules.php?name=Gallery i used to be part of that :eek: however i'm part of this now www.afterhoursracing.co.uk so no need to flame me. :D

#15 ·
joint youngest mate... im 21 and ive got the 3.0 elite on a set of 18'' Decorsa's.......soon to get back box and possibly drop it on its arse
loads a fun and jaws drop when lads in saxo vtr's see me in it....
was gonna tint the windows originally but not bothering as its too much fun lettin people see me in it!!!!!

athlonix said:
thanks for the welcome

ok i'll ask drizz for the original prices, as i'll be buying all my kit in march and the car in feb.

I found the wheels i want the "BK Racing 299" in silver.

items needed.

Pipercross Viper Induction Kit £200
Bosch Quadspark plugs £45
4 bar fuel pump £80
5.5lb flywheel £280+£240fitting
Remus Exhaust £230
Engine Dress up kit (black braid, Red anno connectors) £180
steinmetz Grill £185
Irmscher Front, side & Rear Kit. £???
Irmscher Mirrors £200
CC door bump strips £???
HSV boot spoiler. £???
BK Racing 299 in Silver 18" with tyres 245's £800
Carbon fascia door and center console replacement. £???
"Omega" door entrance plates. £25 per side
Irmscher misted silver handbrake £18
custom made misted silver Gear knob for Auto. £???
MV6 racing springs and dampers & anti roll bars. £450

tbh all the work is just off putting. the more i think about it the more i can't be asked.

I think i'm probably going to be the youngest Omega owner @ 21 :confused:

#17 ·
I was 19 when i first had my 3.0 v6 beast. it goes like stink!!! Ive lowered mine to make it corner like a bitch. The 2 x 12 inch audiobahns in the back sound immense.
You wont get a much more faster, and get a more comfortalbe car for the money.
Roll on new wheels!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.