Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What Non GM parts do you have fitted on your car?....

2K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  Rusty 16v 
#1 ·
I dont mean like aftermarket stuff you have replaced. I mean do you have anything on ya Vaux that wasnt made by GM, but by another manufacturer.

I'll start the ball rolling.....

I have a VW Programmable Intermittant Wiper Relay and a Ford Manual Choke Lever/Cable.

Am considering getting VW sprayer nozzles as they spray a fine mist rather than a jet of straight water. Also considering a Seat front splitter....

#3 ·
i'm wanting to fit a focus buzzer because i like the noise it gives out better than the VX one when you leave your lights on and go to get outta the car.

On the MK3 Astra its horrible, on the MK4 its not as bad but the focus one is pretty cool. Also wanting to fit MK4 golf spray nozzles to both cars

#8 ·
Kenny-MK4Astra said:
i'm wanting to fit a focus buzzer because i like the noise it gives out better than the VX one when you leave your lights on and go to get outta the car.

On the MK3 Astra its horrible, on the MK4 its not as bad but the focus one is pretty cool. Also wanting to fit MK4 golf spray nozzles to both cars
LOL, well ive just changed mine for a newer Vaux one, since anything is better than the horrible BUZZER!!!!

Would the Focus one be a straight swap?

#10 ·
LEE69 said:
I like that idea ;)
All credit to though Addz if/when i do ;)

yeah i have the vw wiper relay to,punto mk2 rear wiper,
Yup, dont forget who told ya about it sunshine....... :p

Nah I read it on a thread on here....cant remember where now but it sounded like a good idea :D

I remember my mates VW having more of a spray than a jet which seemed beter. :beer:

#11 ·
Addz said:
LOL, well ive just changed mine for a newer Vaux one, since anything is better than the horrible BUZZER!!!!

Would the Focus one be a straight swap?
i don't know if the focus one will drop in, i keep meaning to grab one while i'm at the scrappys...the MK4 one is livable but the early one drives me mad in the MK3!

As for the Golf V's the ibiza nozzles, surely thats the same part? both are VAG cars, and about the same size and such too and share a lot of parts

#16 ·
VW - VR6 Splitter
Seat - Ibiza splitter, then a cordoba spliter
ford - Alternator adjuster rod
Audi - Can't remember.... i'll try find out! in pics! I remember it being a TT object in the interior.
Merc - Water pipes. Needed some coolant hose to go from the twin 40's inlet manifold to the heater matrix which DIDN'T foul on the carbs, i made one and didn't work. Went scrappy and looked through cars, the merc had a perfect bent coolant hose!! Result!

#19 ·
the1matt said:
They're like a spray bar that's attached to the wiper arm itself

and no, hate them and it's not related to the Nova which is standard ;)!!
Ahhh i know the ones. I think i might have a play about with the VW/Seat ones.

So no Mondeo rear spoiler, your not planning on putting a mondeo dash in the cav are ya?

#21 ·
pug spray bars are cool too, however my mate done this to his nova and someone nicked them!!

i'm sure they only cost him a few quid from pugeot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.