Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What Non GM parts do you have fitted on your car?....

2K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  Rusty 16v 
#1 ·
I dont mean like aftermarket stuff you have replaced. I mean do you have anything on ya Vaux that wasnt made by GM, but by another manufacturer.

I'll start the ball rolling.....

I have a VW Programmable Intermittant Wiper Relay and a Ford Manual Choke Lever/Cable.

Am considering getting VW sprayer nozzles as they spray a fine mist rather than a jet of straight water. Also considering a Seat front splitter....

#28 ·
Bonnet Vents - Sapphire. Cossie
Splitter - Renault Espace
Rear Wiper - Fiesta Mk4
Rear Wiper Blade - Austin Mini
Xenon Headlight Projectors - Range Rover
Interior Lights - Rover 800 Sterling
Handbrake Cover - Fiat Uno Turbo

coming soon.....
Rear seats: Corrado VR6

;)

#29 ·
Addz said:
LOL, well ive just changed mine for a newer Vaux one, since anything is better than the horrible BUZZER!!!!

Would the Focus one be a straight swap?
To right, I stuck a Corsa one in mine, bleeping is much nicer than buzzing. Not that I heard it very often anyway lmao

Ps. whats the deal with the VW wiper relay? what do you gain from that?

#31 ·
mainly raided the GM parts bin for allot of the astra stuff. vectra brakes, mk4 astra gear shifter, mk3 astra battery earth, mk3 astra mchperson strut, calibra stalks etc etc.

the polo on the other hand, i converted to electronic igniition using the coil and ignition amp from my old mk2 cavalier, and a distributor from a saab 900.

#35 ·
Rusty 16v said:
To right, I stuck a Corsa one in mine, bleeping is much nicer than buzzing. Not that I heard it very often anyway lmao

Ps. whats the deal with the VW wiper relay? what do you gain from that?
Hell yeah! I hated the 'P1ssed off Bee sound' everytime i open the door with the lights on :D

The VW relay is for the intermittant wipers. Instead of having a constant 5 seconds (or whatever it is) before the next wipe, you can program it yourself just by flipping the stalk.

So flip the stalk to intermittant, let it do one wipe, then flip the stalk off........then when it needs another wipe just turn the intermittant back on again and leave it on, it will remember the amount of time elapsed and keep to it.

I think it will go up to a 30 second delay, which is cool for when its spitting and not p1ssing it down. :D

#36 ·
0ddball said:
mainly raided the GM parts bin for allot of the astra stuff. vectra brakes, mk4 astra gear shifter, mk3 astra battery earth, mk3 astra mchperson strut, calibra stalks etc etc.

the polo on the other hand, i converted to electronic igniition using the coil and ignition amp from my old mk2 cavalier, and a distributor from a saab 900.
Odders whats the differance between the gear shifters?

i always thought my MK4 shift felt much more precise than my MK3 GSi's . . . would switching the shifter help?

#38 ·
Dave Hay said:
wots with the vw/seat wiper relays/ washer jets?? any gen on them??
Mark T said:
Programmable Intermittent Wiper Relay

Direct Replacement for intermittent wiper relay on Vauxhall Cars: NOT SUITABLE FOR VECTRA OR ASTRAG/ZAFIRA

Allows the delay between wipes on intermittent to be set at an interval from 1/2 second and more than 30 seconds.

Programming the relay is simple when you get used to it.

1. Select intermittent wipe, then off

2. Select intermittent when screen needs wiping again.

The interval is now set and will continue until reprogrammed, or the ignition switched off.

These relays come from late VW cars and cost over £30 from a VW dealer.

£15 inc postage.

markT usually has some.

#40 ·
Kenny-MK4Astra said:
Odders whats the differance between the gear shifters?

i always thought my MK4 shift felt much more precise than my MK3 GSi's . . . would switching the shifter help?
the mk2/3 series of cars (astras,cavaliers,calibras) have a rubber ring round the middle of the shifter ball section. late vectras and mk4 astras just have a solid nylon ball with slots in it.

#45 ·
0ddball said:
pretty sure everything else apart from the 2.0 16v mk2 had a completely different gear selector setup which runs under the car. so no.
So i could do it to my MK3 GSi?

How much of the shifter do i take from the donor car?

#47 ·
cool perhaps i'll do that next weekend when i got time...heck might get bored 2moro and do it!

#48 ·
Which Jag dome light have you used ? and how is it better ?

I doubt a focus buzzer will fit. They will be part of the multi timer system. Stick to the later vaux ones. Much easier and good enough.

Me.

Rover interior light delay relay
Renault side light buzzer. (must of had an off day) lmao
Daewoo ignition switch (radio & phone on at pos I)
One or two ford relays I expect.

#49 ·
Andy K said:
Which Jag dome light have you used ? and how is it better?
It's from a 2002 Jag XJ and is better because I had no lights in the rear of my car and it was dark on a night for rear seat passengers, so now when I open a door at night it looks like Blackpool illuminations.

#50 ·
n270cmp2 said:
It's from a 2002 Jag XJ and is better because I had no lights in the rear of my car and it was dark on a night for rear seat passengers, so now when I open a door at night it looks like Blackpool illuminations.
got any pics...sounds interesting :)

What does it take to get a delay on the interior light?
just fitting a relay my GSi doesn't have a courtesay light and its a little annoying lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.