Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Purchased the turbo

1K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  rustynova 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought the turbo for the engine conversion its a Toyota TC-26 turbo and is in very good condition as i know the car it came from and bought it for the grand price of £40 :D

See less See more
#4 ·
badassastra said:
pictures can be deceiving lmao lmao its from a mk3 3.0 supra turbo

its going on a 2.0 8v
im sure these turbos are found the 1.8 16v s12 s13 nissan siliva

#6 · (Edited)
B8 GHY said:
im sure these turbos are found the 1.8 16v s12 s13 nissan siliva
dunno lol all i know is that it says Toyota TC-26 on the side and what car it came from i need to get a custom elbow made for it and adapt the manifold to fit

#8 ·
Brian_S said:
Definitely TC? not CT?

The CT-26 is found on early MR2 and celica GT4 engines, the 3SGTE...
yep sorry my error its a Toyota CT-26 turbo :eek:

they any good only cost me £40 its in full working order no smoke or shaft play

#9 ·
That is very cheap for a CT26, regardless of condition! The reason being that it can be hybridised very well.

The later turbo's ( CT-20b ) that came with these engines is better in standard trim, as they have lighter internals. However, part of the lighter internals is a smaller shaft, and it makes it hard to easily hybrid them to high levels because this shaft is too weak. The CT-26 can be used on 400bhp+ engines though if suitably hybridised.

#10 ·
my mates for a supra MK3 3.0 and he has all the turbo equipment, from a different engine sitting around and if its the same turbo then its pretty damn big!

#11 ·
Brian_S said:
That is very cheap for a CT26, regardless of condition! The reason being that it can be hybridised very well.

The later turbo's ( CT-20b ) that came with these engines is better in standard trim, as they have lighter internals. However, part of the lighter internals is a smaller shaft, and it makes it hard to easily hybrid them to high levels because this shaft is too weak. The CT-26 can be used on 400bhp+ engines though if suitably hybridised.
it was cheap cos i bought it from my best mate he has two supra turbos and has just bought a new car so he sold me his spare turbo :D its only going to be dealing with about 160bhp at first then if i can get it about 200bhp later on

my mates for a supra MK3 3.0 and he has all the turbo equipment, from a different engine sitting around and if its the same turbo then its pretty damn big!
yeh it should be the same turbo as his and yep its massive lol i am not even sure if i am gonna fit it between the radiator lmao ah well if i cant build the turbo into the car then i will build the car around the turbo lmao lmao

#12 ·
Post up another pic but with something next to it like your hand so we can tel how big it is.
looking at the pic above it could be massive or a tiny or a tiny one from a small turbo diesel engine.
£40 though,see if he has a spare intercooler for similar money!
Dave

#14 ·
dathers said:
Post up another pic but with something next to it like your hand so we can tel how big it is.
looking at the pic above it could be massive or a tiny or a tiny one from a small turbo diesel engine.
£40 though,see if he has a spare intercooler for similar money!
Dave
ok lol if ya dont beleive me here are two pics one with my lighter on the compressor housing and one with my hand next to it lmao

#16 ·
Caul Pope said:
How do we know that isn't a babies arm with hair stuck on it? Or a mini lighter from a tack shop? hu
erm cos thats just been silly and i think the fact that it says TOYOTA CT-26 on the compressor housing kinda gives it away :rolleyes: lmao

#18 ·
Rusty 16v said:
Nope, the S12 had a Garrett T2, S13 had a Garrett T25 and the S14(a)/S15 had a Garrett T28

The Supra turbo is much bigger lmao
lmao thats the one i have got, the Toyota CT-26 from a 1989 supra 3.0 turbo think i have gone on a bit of an overkill :D

#20 ·
Brian_S said:
I think it's well-sized for what you're after. You should get good results from it for sure! :beer:
if i remember correctly it gave the supra a 40bhp increase running at 8psi so i wonder wat increase it would give a 2.0 8v :rolleyes:

and i dont know if it will fit between the engine and radiator yet lmao

#22 ·
T.F.S. said:
erm on my MR2 that has the same turbo the std one runs out of puff at 16psi/280bhp

all of the MR2 boys change them for garrets

www.mr2oc.co.uk
dunno bout the mr2 but on the supra the specs are 242bhp at 8psi of boost

but turbo technics sell the upgraded internals to allow the turbo to flow up to 575bhp

#26 ·
T.F.S. said:
help you work out what power it is good for

its not a massive power hungry turbo is it?, even the std KKK16 has more guts than that one eh!
it does yes but remember this turbo is only going on a 2.0 8v engine running a stock injection system so it dosent need to be a huge power eating turbo does it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.