Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

HIC Suck do they? I think NOT!!

1K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  gran 
#1 ·
renewal came through today:D

Astra GTE 16v - all mods declared
21, 1 years NCB, 3 Points, 1 claim.......

£654 BARGAIN!! down nearly £810 on last year!!!

they are over £300 cheaper than anyone else, and the other quotes were without mods! Needless to say Im delighted:D

#3 ·
Same here!!!!!!!! nilD asked adrain flux how much he would save going from a TURBO to A XE astra GTE and he will save ?????????????

NOT A PENNY 0p

#9 ·
Brett said:

they are over £300 cheaper than anyone else, and the other quotes were without mods! Needless to say Im delighted:D
how the hell is that so cheap.... gonna have to phone them and get a quote for an 8v cally i think.

you have 1 year ncb but how many years experiance?

#12 ·
I've just changed from HIC to Adrian Flux as they annihilated the quote... Flux's tpf&t quote with LET was less than HIC's with XE, ended up going fully comp for £200 less than HIC wanted for tpf&t with the LET. Did try to phone HIC back to see if they could do anything but got fed up with not being able to get through and just went with Flux.

#18 ·
Flux wanted £975 by comparison.....

Rusty Cally T said:
how the hell is that so cheap.... gonna have to phone them and get a quote for an 8v cally i think.
they quoted me £1400 FC for an R plate cally 8v this time last year, that was with no NCB, try a 16v mate:D

#22 ·
mystery machine said:
they are good at older models.. but ask for a quote on a new one... they aint that good. they wanted around £1,800 for the zaf in standard trim :eek:
yeah they were the same with me, even the guy on the phone agreed it was silly money!!!

now with flux, £700.
was with elephant but they wouldnt insure me to fit an uprated intercooler!! lmao :eek:

#23 · (Edited)
Brett said:

I honestly dont understand how this poo works, just 4weeks ago HIC gave me £900 on my nova which a 1.4 8v and im 22 with 3 year NCB and thats with 'no mods' decleard. they did say 'it coz u live a high risk post code' pure poo in the 10 years we been here no one from are block has had there car stolen or broken-in-to!

u is a lucky Bruce

#24 ·
they were good with me too on my MK4 Astra...so not so bad for new models.

Elephant wanted 650 TPFF on renew for my MK4 no mods, called HIC they could do me full comp with mods declared for less than that (£50 less), or alternativly could do me TPFF for £300 so totally minced elephant and other quotes, i think cornhall wanted 1800 quid>!£RGT%$T$ WTF?!?£ 1800 on a standard (no mods declared) Astra G with a 1.4 litre engine with a years no claims goin jump i laughed at the guy on the fone and promptly hung up, didn't even wait for a reaction utter drivvel!

Didn't try flux as last year their quote wasn't too good, i'll include them in the search next year.

Happy though :)

#25 ·
Adrian flux quoted me alot better this year than last. One or two places offered slightly cheaper policies but adrian flux policy was best. No mileage restriction and i am allowed to change any parts as long as the power is not further increased and no further cost.
Mk4 Gsi turbo with re-map, 9 litre intercooler, full stainless exhaust including pre-cat removal, dump valve etc,
25 year old, 3 points, 4 years NCB (protected) £820 fully comp. We are now getting to realistic figures as best price previous year was over £1300.

#26 ·
B8 GHY said:
they did say 'it coz u live a high risk post code' pure poo in the 10 years we been here no one from are block has had there car stolen or broken-in-to!
I think its only the first bit of the code they are interested in, not the full thing.

PS. Yes they rock, my GTE 16v costs me £395 + £35 legal cover through them. I'm 23 with 5 years NCD though :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.