Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

HIC Suck do they? I think NOT!!

1K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  gran 
#1 ·
renewal came through today:D

Astra GTE 16v - all mods declared
21, 1 years NCB, 3 Points, 1 claim.......

£654 BARGAIN!! down nearly £810 on last year!!!

they are over £300 cheaper than anyone else, and the other quotes were without mods! Needless to say Im delighted:D

#27 ·
the1matt said:
I've just changed from HIC to Adrian Flux as they annihilated the quote... Did try to phone HIC back to see if they could do anything but got fed up with not being able to get through and just went with Flux.

Same for me. £897tpft with Flux for my Calibra Turbo(FMIC declared). 22, 1NCB, 3pts, 1 non fault claim. HIC wanted 1400 come renewal time. Told me there wasn't anything they could do. Funny thing is, HIC when quoting 1400, said the quote was with Highway. Guess who i'm insured with through Adrian Flux....thats right - Highway lmao .

Funny game this insurance malarky.

Nice to hear about the sensible quote Brett :beer:

#32 ·
HIC are ace for me- i have limited mileage on my policy 4k a year and changed my clocks coz the broke.

I phoned to tell them of the mileage change and offered the mileage on the old clocks so they knew how many miles i'd done- and she was like- not to worry, don't need the old mileage, we'll just start your 4000 miles again from the new clocks lmao result ;)

Also very cheap quote as i have a liscence that has more points than a box of pins lmao

#33 ·
0ddball said:
surely its just the fact youre another year older, and another years ncd ? nothing to do with HIC being glorious ?

i mean, i was paying 950 quid for a 1.6 cavalier when i was 19, it went down to 600 the second year, and 330 the third.
Who was this with mate?

My Astra is/will be close to the same spec as your old Cavalier, and at the moment im 21 with 0 ncbs and im paying around £850. In March ill be 22, and hopefully a years no claims so im hoping it will go down quite a bit (although I bet it wont).

I'm currently with DNA Insurance, but i think i might give HIC a bell again when the time comes....

#37 ·
just been calling around for my quotes again, im wth flux at the moment renewal came through at £1275, played 1 off aginst the other and HIC have come back with £860 all mods declared, Fully Comp, all the usual extras they throw in and agreed vaule of 10k.

they're certainly giving flux a run for money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.