Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Did something a bit stupid tonight...

2K views 60 replies 38 participants last post by  Silvia s12 
#1 ·
it general what i did was not a good idea...

It seemed like a good idea at the time...but clearly it wasn't!

Tonight i was a little bored and went a drive, was a calm night, roads were dry, roy bacers out in force. It was at about 12:00 midnight (not long before i start writing this)
Anyways out driving around and what do i see but 2 saxo's and a civic driving a bit faster than they should have been.
Decided to follow them and see what was happening, i just sort of keep my distance so as not to provoke these people in to driving faster, as per my usual observe the boy racers in their natural environment technique.

Anyways it isn't long before i suss whats happening the 2 saxo's are VTS's and the civic (old shape) is a 1.6 16V i know because i've actually spoke to this guy before, seems decent. So i'm guessing there is some sort of king of the 1600's going on here and i just keep back.

Following them out of the town they are heading for the motorway, interesting i thought as saxo's are more impressive around the town, so i pulled up behind the last car, Saxo just to say "i wanna watch this".
I sit and just generally want to see how they move on the motorway, so i sit there and they come out of a round about onto the motorway, the poor civic had lost already! 2 saxo's ripped past him accelerating really quick, i drop to 2nd and see if i can reel them in, really kicked the crap outta my engine but reeled in the first saxo when i looked down i was doing 95, holy crap!! :eek: They did get a head start but i thought i would have caught him before 95!
The guy was still acclerating and him, with me pushing him down the road caught the lead saxo, at this point all 3 of us are doing an indicated 130mph! i think the saxo's had no more power left but the GSi wasn't exactly on holiday either, i could have pulled past them both i recon but the blood went back to my brain and i hammered on the brakes and took her back down to 80mph, the saxo's kept going, and if i knew it was safe to do so i.e. on a track i would have stayed in the game, but i was SO p**sed off at myself for even getting drawn into it, i came home, parked the car, and looked at it in a totally different light tonight!

I'm strongly considering selling the GSi, its a great car, i love it to bits, it takes a lot of car to beat my GSi for all that it is, but i think i'm still too young and dumb to be able to keep the GSi and my licence!

P.S This all took place in a dream/track/other country/totally fictional!
- I don't even have a GSi and saxo's can't do 130mph, and i also live in a small island with no roads only dirt tracks...i call it scotland

See less See more
#53 ·
dathers said:
Get rid of the halo dude,every single person on this board races now and again!
Cue the 'dont be so irresponsible' replys.
Why buy a GSi and drive like a 1ltr?
You can drive fast and safe in the correct place when the traffic allows.
Dave
:beer:

Echo that!

#55 ·
Don't beat ya'self up so bad man. Everyone has a rush of blood from time to time. I tried it on with a motorbike last nite :S in a 1.6 16v mk4. Crazy i know but fun. road was dead and i know the road well. Perhaps if your gonna give it a thrashin, do it somewhere that you can be 100% positive that there is no cops but otherwise go for it. Theres nothin wrong with racin, its not like ur poppin pills or somethin man. Listenin to u, ur obviously a lot more grown up than you think you are so just think about it next time (then boot it :))

Anyway you shudn't have a point to prove against a saxo, them things r likely to fall apart at 130mph.

#59 ·
glad insulting me and saying sorry could be 2 of your 17 posts :D

i try not to take insults on forums too serious anyways don't sweat it

#60 ·
I don't think a day goes by when I do something a little irrational or at least think it. I think it's just part of being a guy really, you know like when all your mates are trying lifting weights and you just have to lift the largest, then spend the next week in agony. I am impressed you backed off tho, plus you have considered the possible consequences.

#61 ·
bahhh... if u got a fast car.. take it to the limiter in top gear atleast 1ce a week or else whats the point.. pfff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.