Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

cheap xe mods

1K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  tomstickland 
#1 ·
any suggestions to make my car faster on very very tight budget???

i got late c20xe with dispak

any ideas be useful :)

#4 ·
Unfortunatly, because it was i pretty good design to start with it's hard to improve on without spending thousands. The usual exhaust and manifold swap, and chip (standard air filter best left alone) are about all you can do but even that will cost about £700-1000 for something decent and give varying results.

#8 ·
Nothing to do with power but it looks nicer :rolleyes: , u could get a manta 1.8 cam housing and relocate the dizzy. Lots of people do it when putting an xe in the manta as the engines turned 90 degrees so it frees up the dizzy

totally random but look at this caterararaham thingy, has an xe in it :)

http://membres.lycos.fr/vivocatseven/Divers/page_02.htm?

#18 ·
didnt ur mum ever tell u that if u didnt have anythin helpful to say then say nothin at all? thats hardly a helpful reply is it?

Dave - give it a good service, replace plugs, fit a decat pipe. Power boast valve wont make much difference on the later engine due to better lambda control. Then buy TBs ;)

#22 · (Edited)
twin carbs it is then what power will twin carbs give u? they cost what 200 quid and give u 20bhp if tuned perfectly as I understand it??? Trouble is they also give u £1 a mile as well if u boot it.

#23 ·
arghhh carbs are to expensive!

dave why not just as said give the engine a nice service, then spend the rest on poly bushes and or suspension, and maybe a nice brake pad/ disk upgrade? you'll get more performance if the car can corner and brake than you will spending £200 on the engine :beer:

just my thought ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.