Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

The future is bright, the future is Franczak

1K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Anthony 
#1 ·
Having just returned from the Franzcak's place with my new engine in place. Its great, very smooth and feels string even just up to 3000 rpm.

Dave and his dad know a great deal about the vauxhall engines and thanks to them for building the engine and helping to install it. Thanks also for there hospitality too, love the cheese!!

The engine is great, and the quality of the work of dave and his father is impeccable, they didnt miss a bolt anywhere and there knowlegde of how many bolts here and there is amazing.

all i can say if anyone asks me where to get an engine done, there is only one word for it and thats Franczak.

regards

#5 ·
would that be an engine that dave was told had done 60k in an astra gte?

My engine is not a direct replacement but an engine dave built for me.

Meady, we had my engine out in 2 hours 15 mins, totally clear of the car, very good going i thought!!

but it has to be said, there is a force building somewhere in west sussex, and i have felt the force!

some people did ask if it was possible, if we didnt need a new engine mount then it would have been completed in a day!!

#15 ·
Nice going,
Its good when you can have complete faith in the people working on your pride and joy.

btw
I did the Red baron (Astramax van) engine swop out side on a sunday afternoon,

The weather was nice so we stayed out of the garage..

It took just over 4 hours to complete, start to finish,

This included removing the 1300cc carb engine, Polishing up the whole engine bay, replacing all the fuel lines to injection jobbies,
Fitting all the extras for the Injection conversion,
Fitting the 1800cc engine into place, and doing all the uprated driveshafts, suspension and brakes, and pausing to film the progress with the video camera;)

#19 ·
i got my car back on sat after the Franczak's had put a six speed box in it. and i must say i am very pleased with their work and there attention to detail is amazing they even washed the car for me so that it was clean when i picked it up. I would recomend there services to any one on this board. :D :D :D :D

#20 ·
Where abouts are you based Dave, I had a chat with Gav Wallace and he mentioned that you knew VX's like the back of your hand. Also joked about Andy K's scary knowledge of anything VX and Electric :rolleyes: .

Don't fancy doing a clutch on a Cav Turbo in the near future do you?

#25 ·
LOL @ Chris R

Blimey praise all round. Ohh well thats what we like to see. If a jobs worth doing its gotta be done properly ! Simple but true.

Savage - No probs with the clutch, easier if people mail me at my mail account cos I have more chance of seeing it than a post on the UBB. As Mike mentioned were in Crawley (W.Sussex)

NotNormal.Mk1@BtInternet.com

Cheers
D.

PS Mail sent Nick about other parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.