Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

astra mk3 spare wheel well

602 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Astra Dan 
#1 ·
after getting some 14" the spare wheel wont "properly" fit in the well. it wont tighted up on the metal screw bar thta runs up from the middle. is this the case with any other astra owner?? plus...when putting the carpet back on top, it duznt sit evenly on the metal floor of the boot?? just wondering if this is the case with others...or if theres a way 2resolve fitting the wheel in propelry

#6 ·
my "screwwy thing" is small an round. if that helps!! thats not the prob though.....the metal bar thing in the middle of the well isnt long enought to fit throught the cantre hole of the wheel. so hence, i cant tighten the plastic thing onto it, cuz it wont fit past the alloy. if any1 can understand me.

#7 ·
;) :beer:

I was joking around when i said about deflating the tyre-kinda defeats the object of the spare don't it!

But back ontopic, i got the same problem with my turbo wheels. Not a lot you can do about it really.

Options:

1. Don't fasten it down- it ain't going anywhere and especially not with carpet ontop.
2. Weld a longer rod in place
3. Fabricate a new 'thing' that screws onto it.
4. As regards the carpet issue- build a flase floor which raises the level above the wheel and therefore can be flat.

#11 ·
OllyHewitt said:
my 17" spare fits perfectly :confused:
the wheel fits in the well properly............its just that i cant tighten the "screwwy thing" onto the metal bar that comes up from the centre of the well. guess il have to just leave it untightened. and gonna have to make a raised false floor, so that the carpet clears the whhel beneath

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.