Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Anybody with dodgy window switches have a look here.

441 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  stereo_rob 
#1 ·
If you have dodgy window rocker switches that have gone a bit floppy and require you to push down quite hard, i have found the reason why.

In the case of the cav, take the switch console out. And where each switch rocker sits there is a small access gap for you to put a small flat headed screwdriver in and flip it up and out. Here is a picture of the plastic cap out and what you see is the light LED and the 2 very small switches. There are 2 very thin pieces of metal (arrowed) that are pushed down when you press either up or down, which then click the microswitches right inside the unit. Now for some reason these piece's of metal shrink of the touching plastic gets worn, and have to be refitted with some slightly longer slithers of metal.

Here is a pic of the original piece of metal inserts removed and mated to a new length of metal and clamped. You need to cut the new pieces of metal everso slightly longer, now it doesnt need to be much (within a hair or 2). To be honest it is a case of trial and error, cut the new piece slip it in, put plastic back on and check it works like new. If it sticks when you press either up or down they are too long. I have just done my 4 and they are working like brand new. Definatly worth doing.

I may be way behind in the times and someone has covered this already but i thought i would share it with you all. Hope it helps.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.