Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#5 ·
stt said:
why bother spending all that money, might as well put it towards an original lotus carlton.
TBH I'm not sure that would save anything. After chatting to the guy he gave me the impression that he didn't want to build a Lotus Carlton replica as such - more of a modified Lotus Carlton. IMO it'd be a brave bloke that would go out and buy a mint LC for £10k, spray it purple and then put alloys on it etc.
Instead he bought a very tidy GSI for a couple grand, and has only spent a few grand down the scrappy with a w/o Lotus Carlton.

#13 ·
He's a local chap - but hasn't been the owner for long. He's got a lot of good ideas for it and hopes to have it completed within a few weeks believe it or not.
As for the parts, he has indeed already sourced them. He must've been hit several times with the lucky stick because surely if there's anything more rare than a Lotus Carlton it's Lotus Carlton parts!

#14 ·
I saw a Lotus Carlton on Saturday in Plymouth! It could well have been a replica, I didn't get a close look, it was behind me and I was looking at it in my mirror. It was on the road into Plympton by Mcdonalds, he then turned off left up a side road.

You can could drag race up your road Neil, just watch those curbs ;)

#24 ·
So far inside there's a PS2, dash mounted screen, 2x12in Subs, a pair of 6x9s, a Panasonic CD 8 Disk changer. Apparently there's a 17in plasma flat screen on the way for the boot.
Believe it or not the car has already been lowered 30mm ! Definately needs the big wheels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.