Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#128 ·
regarding the engine i have spoke to regal who want £6000.00 for complete rebuild of lotus engine and then they said they would have problems geting parts

as i said in one of my posting can any body let me know where i can get head gasket kits as vauxhall modified 10 gsi gaskets but made no bolts
Just the seats mate..

As for the parts for the engine, most parts are the same as the 3.0 24v, the crank has a longer stroke and different oil ways, and the pistons are low compression forged items.. top end is almost identicle its just been machined slightly.

As for head bolts one of the other Autobahnstormer members had a few sets made up recenlty so you can wait for the next batch if he makes some more..

Headgasket wise its possible to get after market copper / steel gaskets, they arnt cheap but they are better than the modified GSI ones.

#129 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.