Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#108 ·
bet you were knackerd after walkin from the front to the back of it, i like but as everyone else says wheels look to small but that will soon be sorted a "gangsta" near were i live had a real one but hes dead now, never seen a real one round here for ages

#109 ·
Evil said:
An LC engine is..
1) Way outta the budget I have for the whole car!!
2) Too big to fit in the bay of the Mk1.. some serious modding to fit that bugger!!
3) Useless to me because I don't drive (apparently) lmao
evil it was a joke when i said you don't drive i could have said i will keep driving up and down the A13 to try and find you.

the chap you were speaking to about the lotus engine can he get the head gasket kits as i am going to replace the head gasket when i fit the new engine but i am having trouble getting the kit

#111 ·
LC1 said:
the chap you were speaking to about the lotus engine can he get the head gasket kits as i am going to replace the head gasket when i fit the new engine but i am having trouble getting the kit
For head gaskets, I would speak to someone from the Autobahnstormers tbh mate.
Lotus Carlton on here (James) is possibly your best point of contact, or go to the website www.autobahnstormers.co.uk.

My buddy just knows where he can source complete engines (in the crate).

#112 ·
LC1 said:
evil it was a joke when i said you don't drive i could have said i will keep driving up and down the A13 to try and find you.

I'm guessing this is the guy that had gaskets made up espeically as Vaux ran out of them.

LC engines were £17k when new :eek:

#114 ·
Neil Adams said:
OK Ashley - any more progress since last week then mate?
booked the car in with auto trim of ivybridge and getting complete retim of lotus interior in cream leather and purple edging also nearly finish ice install got a date for the engine conversion 28 may with the lotus centre at lifton nitrous kit arrived on friday just waiting for wheels and trying to get some coil overs

as the gsi brake set up wont be no good for the lotus engine can any body reccomend any thing i was thinking about red dot or black diamond

#115 ·
LC1 said:
booked the car in with auto trim of ivybridge and getting complete retim of lotus interior in cream leather and purple edging also nearly finish ice install got a date for the engine conversion 28 may with the lotus centre at lifton nitrous kit arrived on friday just waiting for wheels and trying to get some coil overs

as the gsi brake set up wont be no good for the lotus engine can any body reccomend any thing i was thinking about red dot or black diamond
Progress sounds good mate.

I would seriously make brakes a big priority. When out on the track on Saturday the brakes were probably the most extreme performance benefit I had on my car. I use Hi-Spec 6 pots with 335mm disks and greenstuff pads. this setup costs around £1200 or so from Wallace Performance (01467 643954) so it depends on how much you want to pay. I'd seriously contemplate it though because (a) they'd look good under your 20s and (b) They bloody work!

Evil: £3.5k for a Lotus Carlton engine?! That's amazing! Is that brand new and complete with the Turbos? (I'm assuming it's a twin turbo - don't know much about em)

#118 ·
sorry to go off topic again, back to the ferrari replica of Mr Kerr's.... it came with the fake rear discs, he got konceptz to remove them when they tidied the car up... i'd just like to say... off the record... it looks nothing like a ferrari, its wayyy to bland.

#119 · (Edited)
booked the car in with auto trim of ivybridge and getting complete retim of lotus interior in cream leather
Are you mad? Why not just get the GSi seats retrimed, they are basically the same, other than the back seats are a little more sculpted.. instead of wasting the collony hide LC seats sell them on and trim yours...

360mm discs and some 4 pots, willwood are good.

#120 ·
Neil Adams said:
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
i can't wait untill it is finished as it looks awsome! love the colour!

#123 ·
Davey said:
Are you mad? Why not just get the GSi seats retrimed, they are basically the same, other than the back seats are a little more sculpted.. instead of wasting the collony hide LC seats sell them on and trim yours...

360mm discs and some 4 pots, willwood are good.
My back seats are f****d and i can't get the gsi back bench seat any where can any body help

#124 ·
Davey said:
You will NOT, I repeat NOT find a brand new LC lump for 3.5k, you'll be lucky to find a second hand one in good condition for that!, AFAIK there are 2 brand new lumps left in the world.
i saw one for sale on racecarparts website quite a while ago, it was complete with ancilleries, still in the crate...your for 15k and it sold within a few days...

the cylinder head on them (built up) was 5k on it's own when new!

#126 ·
Davey said:
I'll px you a set of MINT GSi seats and some cash for your LC ones if you like?
Do you want complete interior this will include dash, clocks, door cards, seats, rooflining etc

or just the seats

regarding the engine i have spoke to regal who want £6000.00 for complete rebuild of lotus engine and then they said they would have problems geting parts

as i said in one of my posting can any body let me know where i can get head gasket kits as vauxhall modified 10 gsi gaskets but made no bolts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.