Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#77 ·
Neil Adams said:
Yep some ferraris do have turbos - but not 355s

Ashley - yep sorry about that - I forgot about your brakes. :cool:
i know some have turbos but am i wrong in thinking they dont have loud as feck dump valves??

#79 ·
wonder what they would think then of a load of fibreglass impersonating one of the 'top marques'.

might put a bentley continental kit on my skateboard!!

#87 ·
I fecking love that carlton, its stunning. Hope the people having a go about the lotus badges (as if its important) dont put you off coming to meets and stuff. I'd love to see that mate - fair fecking play!

and this MR2 bloke - Ibeefa on CSW? I cant belive hes stupid enuff top buy a) Ferrari MR2 thingy and b) fit fake rear discs. Ive never met him but this guy sounds like a first class tool.

#91 ·
LC1 said:
neil as i said in my spec to you i am a set of red dot discs 40 grove and red dot pads which will do the job
You kidding me right? The brakes on the Carlton are fecking huge.
If you really wanna make it stop get some nice EBC brakes and pads :eek:
Im with Notnormal in the sense that its silly agro to do all this, and do it properly. The reason you did your car Neil is that Vauxhall never made a 2.0L Turbo car. Vaux with lotus's help made this car possible so numpties like us didnt try doing sommit like this 10 years done the line.
All said and done though it is a nice looking car :)

#96 ·
j1400 said:
Wouldn't stuff like the F40 have nice external wastegate to chirp and re-circ DV's to keep the air in the system after the AFM?
Yep, I'd have thought so. I'll have to dig out my owners manual though. Now where did I put my F40

#97 ·
Evil
if you care to read my quote regarding the lotus i own it has server side and roof damage and it totaly not driveable. this is why i dont go around telling people that my main car is a lotus carlton until my purple project is finished

as for the other carlton in plymouth i mentioned the chap brought the kit from bad boy styling and i fitted it for him my kit came from cd bramell in plymouth and cost £5500.00 i have all documents to prove this

one day i hope you get to see the car properly and i understand you dont like the colour what colour is you car SORRY YOU DON'T DRIVE

ANOTHER CASE OF THE GREEN MONSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#99 · (Edited)
LC1 said:
one day i hope you get to see the car properly and i understand you dont like the colour what colour is you car SORRY YOU DON'T DRIVE
Don't make assumptions based in information you think you understand. Coz you obviously don't.
LC1 said:
ANOTHER CASE OF THE GREEN MONSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No mate, not at all.... I've said I think the car looks ace, but it's just another wannabe.
And it'll never be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.