Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#56 ·
Come off it Evil - The chap's new to the site.

Miles - LC1 is the owner of the blue/purple car above that was parked up in my street.

It sounds to me that the he's managed to get a severely smashed up Lotus Carlton from a scrappy and is moving all the undamaged stuff over to his GSI. He's not claiming to own a Lotus Carlton in the same way I don't claim to own a Cally Turbo.

Also putting a Ferrari kit onto an MR2 is sad - putting a Lotus Carlton engine into a Carlton and having the ordasity to put the odd Lotus badge on it is no way sad. He even said to me that he's not going for a Lotus Carlton replica - more a modified Lotus Carlton. If he was building a replica he'd have stopped after putting the kit and badges on an sprayed it green. He's sprayed it purple, bunged a set of 18s on it and isn't stopping there.

Fair play mate. :beer:

#58 ·
Neil Adams said:
Come off it Evil - The chap's new to the site.
All I did was ask him to stop shouting and then expressed confusion with a couple of contradictions.... wasn't having a dig..

At the end of the day it's a Carlton with Lotus badges....of course people (especially Joe Public who think they know what they are talking about) aren't going to think it's an LC are they :rolleyes:

I like the car (as I've said) a lot.... lose the Lotus badges and the only thing I could find 'wrong' with it (imo) is the Rover paint.... don't like that.
Minor niggles tbh....Car looks awesome.

#64 ·
simonali said:
Some of us know all too well what happens to a v.fast car with insufficient braking!
Yeah, that's for sure. Ashley I'd definately get some proper brakes on that car if the Lotus engine goes in. It's a big heavy car with a big heavy engine and it'll definately need some serious stopping power!

Fair point Evil, it's not gonna be to everyone's taste.

#69 ·
Miles said:
Yes he is. Im sure Lee will confirm shortly. Its at Koncepts at the moment. You know you want to stick a random thread on csw with a pic of one slating the people that do it :)
Oh dear. I can't put a random thread up though - it'd look too obvious.

The best ferrari kit I've seen is this one for a Pontiac:

I still think that's sad.

#72 ·
Neil Adams said:
Yeah, that's for sure. Ashley I'd definately get some proper brakes on that car if the Lotus engine goes in. It's a big heavy car with a big heavy engine and it'll definately need some serious stopping power!

Fair point Evil, it's not gonna be to everyone's taste.
neil as i said in my spec to you i am a set of red dot discs 40 grove and red dot pads which will do the job

#73 ·
Miles said:
You can could drag race up your road Neil, just watch those curbs ;)
neil always watches the kerbs!!! as they get closer and closer and closer.....lol good job the kerb was there tho otherwise the repair bill for ploughing through vospers used car section woulda been a bit steep :eek:

still its all gravy now and back to being the beast that it is!!! car aint bad either m8 :beer:

#75 ·
funny thing is has anyone ever heard a dump valve on a ferrari?? (this is where i prob look stupid!!!)

but each to there own i guess, if its what floats his boat.......

LC1... looks well sweet m8. good luck with it and fair play for doing something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.