Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Found this sat in my street today

4K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  Evil 
#1 ·
It's a Lotus Carlton replica obviously but after a chat with the owner it's set to be one hell of a car...

The 18s are going and are being replaced with 20s, the bodywork is being touched up, A full Lotus Carlton interior is going
in. The GSi engine is looks set to be replaced with a genuine Lotus Carlton Jobbie + Nos.
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

See less See more
#30 ·
Yep I've emailed him the link to come on and have a look at the feedback. Hopefully he'll be up for attending some of the events - although I think Autobahn Stormers have got their sticky fingers on him LOL
How much is a genuine LC nowadays then?

#34 ·
Yep, he said he's unsure what he wants to do with the bonnet. He liked the vent I've got on mine - but IMO there's no way it would suit his car. I'd be tempted to go for some extreme louvres of some sort.

#38 ·
Miles said:
I saw a Lotus Carlton on Saturday in Plymouth! It could well have been a replica, I didn't get a close look, it was behind me and I was looking at it in my mirror. It was on the road into Plympton by Mcdonalds, he then turned off left up a side road.

You can could drag race up your road Neil, just watch those curbs ;)
THE LOTUS CARLTON YOU SAW WAS A REP IT IS A 2LTR WITH REP KIT FROM BAD BOYS BODY STYLING I KNOW THIS AS I FITTED THE KIT LIKE I DID TO MY PURPLE/BLUE FLIP ONE

#43 ·
Tis a very nice looking car to be sure..... but I always think reps are a bit sad tbh.
It's an LC copy kit (probably made by PSG??) and he went to the bother of putting Lotus badges on it..... all a bit sad imo.

Last time I looked a genuine Lotus Omega could be had for £8k..... alright it's a left hooker, but that means bigger turbos are a piece of pish ;)

#45 ·
Evil said:
Tis a very nice looking car to be sure..... but I always think reps are a bit sad tbh.
It's an LC copy kit (probably made by PSG??) and he went to the bother of putting Lotus badges on it..... all a bit sad imo.

Last time I looked a genuine Lotus Omega could be had for £8k..... alright it's a left hooker, but that means bigger turbos are a piece of pish ;)
THE KIT CAME FROM VAUXHALL AND COST £5500.00 THE BADGES SET IT OF AND COST ANOTHER 126.00 EACH FORM THE LOTUS CENTRE IN LIFTON DEVON

#50 ·
Miles said:
Are there 2 LC's here? Your one and the one that lives in Neils street? Which one did I see?

I know the Southwest Lotus Centre, I work around the corner from it.
THIS LOTUS DOSENT LIVE IN NEIL STREET I WAS PARKRED THERE WHEN HE SAW THE CAR AND YES I DO OWN A FULLY LOADED LOTUS WHICH HAD SIDE AND ROOF DAMAGE WHEN I GOT IT FROM THE SCRAP YARD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.