Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

is mig getting slower?

• Yes, it takes longer for buttons to respond

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, your just imagining it you nob. get a grip.

Votes: 10 47.6%

is mig getting slower?

990 views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Cris Rose 
#1 ·
what do you think?

#3 ·
Eh, I think theres a lot of polls popping up. Tis like a throwback to when the new look forum was introduced.

disclaimer 2-I readily admit I did participate in nonsensical polls, I think Dave B got quite upset about it if I remember correctly

"I mean c'mon 5 polls about a non-member, non-vauxhall owning, bb user's holiday!!!!!, get a grip!!"

I do believe the commenbt went summit like that-hehehe.

Culprit for these events=Buckfast.

#6 ·
erm

the server which is held in the states, at this time of day they are just starting work and are updating there sites with the latest information etc.

because of this it an slow the server slightly and therefore repsonses from the server to download information can be slower.

This is not a MIG problem and there is nothing we can do about it.

please accept this as there is nothing we can do about it.

#7 ·
Well Mr Williams, you are being very formal and official like this evening.

I see the thread about the thread has been closed then, I do belive that I pointed out it was heading towarsds becoming annoying half an hour before closure. Thus proving my observant nature.

I'd therefore like to restate my claim to becoming a moderator, c'mon, you know it's a good idea, I'm not a bad man :rolleyes:

I just like to be a nuisance now and then:D

#16 ·
I have noticed that the forums are slightly slow these days. This is due to a few factors:

1. There are more people using the site which puts more strain on the server. This is usually at around 7-8pm.
2. The server slowing in the late evening is rare, but is attributable to US sites becoming busy (ie - about 6-7pm US Eastern time)
3. The server is now hosting more sites which link to the same sql server. It can sometime overload the sql server. This is being addressed as the host will soon have another sql server to spread the load.

Please note that although the forums may have slowed slightly - this forum is one of the fastest I know of - much much faster than some others. And for the number of features this site has, that is good going. I have had vBulletin developers complement me on the speed of the board also.

After the recent site update the non forum parts of the site have become much faster.

#17 ·
Ahhh! Hold on. Yes it does take longer for the page to refresh when posting and serching! I just realised what that is. Some of you may have noticed that the "please wait while you are being taken to...." pages are no longer shown. Because of this, there appears to be a wait when you post - but in reality, the system is quicker than it was, as you are not loading the intermediate pages.

#22 ·
ah but 9, you are now no longer the bb user you were back then, you have supassed yourself and actually being both interesting AND funny!

i think you should be made an honnorary MigClub member - you will however have to follow Richard Bell and put a V Grill on your Rover ;) :D lmao

#25 ·
The server may have had problems yesterday as it was having the Kernel upgraded. Apparently the server is now running much better and is only taking up half the rescources that it was previously. This was done late last night. Hopefully we will see a difference - which will be most likely between 6pm and 9pm. Fingers crossed.

Server loads is currently 1.2 - usually over 2 at this time of day, so looking good so far (for those of you who know what that means)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.