Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Lotus Carlton replica bumper

637 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Cemesis 
#1 ·
A mate of mine has just finished repairing a very sick LC (pic was on here a while ago), and needs a rear bumper to finish it.

Anyone know where to get a replica rear bumper from? I have seen one at on-line autosport for £229. Can you get them any cheaper?

Cemesis - if you're reading this, the car is now finished if you are interested in any photos/price.
Its for sale if anyone is interested... '91 H (RHD), 71k miles, FSH, build number 80. Was hit quite hard from behined, but now repaired with *lots* of new parts!

Bryn.

#4 ·
I bet his wallet was hit quite hard from behind with them new parts
Well he's a professional car repairer by trade, but he still had to buy a lot of parts he wasn't expecting to, including all the bushes, axle mounts, dampers (I think) etc etc. He won't be bothered though, cos he will have bought it for absolute peanuts anyway.

Bryn.

#5 ·
Hi Bryn! Welcome to MIG.

I thought he might have to fork out tonnes, its was the rear differential that I thought would kill him.

There is an LC for sale on Scoobynet for £12k and its had a new engine 15k ago. The price of even the mighty LC seems to of been effected by the great used car plumit of 2001.

Rear bumper from Vauxhall is £950 and that was a vew years ago. It was one of the bits I could give you a price on. Cris is right, £229 is a steal.

#6 ·
Thanks Scott!

The diff was actually OK, but all the driveshafts, roll bar etc needed replacing. I don't know how much it cost him, but you definitely did the right thing letting him do the work!

I don't know how much he wants for it now, but when I find out, I'll drop you a mail.

I can't figure out the prices to be honest. There are a couple for sale up here ranging from £12k to £20k for what seems to be more or less the same thing. I'll let you know anyway... you never know, it might be a bargain.

Bryn.

#7 ·
Well, I was told it was going to be worth about £6k and thats after the work. The interior hs had some slight modifications so most LC owners would consider it 'tainted'. When its £12k for one with a 15,000 mile old engine then £6k is about right.

Still interested though, how did he repaint it? Imperial green is expensive. What about the rear wheel, thats fairly hard to come by as well.

#8 ·
He actually had all the panels in green from another LC, so it worked out quite nicely. And he got the wheel from a guy who's probably the biggest LC enthusiast on the planet. He has a 498bhp example which he shipped to america to race over there. He's truly nuts :D

Isn't the £12k LHD though? I guess he'll want more than £6k for it, but he doesn't seem to think it'll be hard to sell.
I'll let you know anyway...

Bryn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.