Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What would you do?

• Fit Stereo (head unit + front speakers, perhaps rears).

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • All new suspension gubbins, bushes, springs + shocks.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • New backbox (perhaps system) + K&N panel filter.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Keep it as it is and just get missing trim and sagging sorted.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Chop around the interior, add black version.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Don't spend any more money on it, you'll never get it back.

Votes: 1 2.8%

If you were me...

634 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Cris Rose 
#1 ·
Providing all is well with my car tomorrow when it's looked at again I'll consider spending a couple of £££ on it, since it's Christmas.

So if it was your car what would you do?

#3 ·
its your car so i would fit a stereo. mite aswell get comfy before making people stare. and as forhandling, that can be sorted for cheap, will speak about it tomorow.

the trim is easy. have you seen that astra at horsley cross? check that for trim. and if its only that front bump strip i got a spare i think...

#4 ·
Yeah the strip is the only thing missing.

Thing is that black dashboard and doorcards etc looks so much better than the diahorea coloured one. It makes the car feel more modern since the colour of mine reminds me of old Xr3's and the like.

Still be plenty of time to chat tomorrow since i wont be going anywhere! Shame I had to rush off last time.

#10 ·
u wanna spend some dosh on the suspension n stuff :D

sort that legendary vauxhall handling lmao

might actually make the car quicker as well due to increased traction and better suspension settings.........

(buy koni adjustable stuff ;) )

#13 · (Edited)
Well.. I have had several people agree on this. My car appears to sit a lot lower (30mm) than boggo valvers. Now I dont think this is cos of knackered suspension, more likely the person who stuck a Sebring on there had a word with the springs. But I don't know for sure. I said the ride was hard, perhaps this is why. Either way it's the wheels that let the side down so to speak. Some 15"/16" would help this no end.

Mr Rose I saw your old wheels on a certain cavalier GSi, I feckin love the look of that car!! Very nice indeed.

As for Worzil. Well it's running excellently after another trip to JP. The rocker cover was leaking again and oil was running everywhere. It was sorted and then put back together, hopefully never to leak again, well not for a while anyways.

The car is mega rapid now, I got the same feeling today as I did when I first bought it. That's the stuff!!

And Mr Stranger.... sorry but £600 is a bit low ;)

Apparently there a couple of people who may be interested in Worzil, perhaps more so when Justin tells them what he thought of it. Thing is today's 'checkup' cost me less than I thought and to some1 who knows the engine they said the gearbox sounded fine, though might benefit from an oil change.

Can't part with the pocket rocket just yet.

P.S Cheers for sorting the washer thing Jonny, I was shooting down pheasants and light aircraft on the way home!! :p

And also ta for the bit of trim :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.