Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

FAO Durzel

554 views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Tim_P 
#1 ·
Hi mate. Just wanted to ask, have you bought the car that it is listing in your profile? If so then

1. Congratualtions

2. What the bloody hell?!?!?!:eek: A little bit expensive, we were trying to talk you out of £17k on a Porche! I mean.....

...um....

*dribble*

*Goes off to jibber inconsistantly*

#2 · (Edited)
Hi :)

Yes I have bought it, its parked outside.

After your (and others) advice I didn't think it would be really practical to buy a Porsche to use as a means of getting to work and back. I figured a Skyline would be more appropriate :D - it's a bastard to try and drive slowly tho.

I didn't buy it outright or anything, got it on a rather sizeable loan. But I figured, you're only young once. :D

Maybe I'll bring it to the next meet or something (assuming I'm still welcome :confused: ) and give ya a spin..

#5 ·
Bet the insurance company are rubbing thier paws together with glee.

Richard Bell took me to the South regions eat-a-thon in his. It had a slipping clutch and he had turned the turbo down to 0.8 bar to preserve the clutch until his new one arrived but even then it was stupidly fast. His produces about 450bhp under normal conditions.

I looked up the price of them after I had posted the above and found they arn't as much as I thought. I found one on an M I think with 76k on it for £11,000. Not bad but I think it was a standard one.

Only thing is don't break it whatever you do. Richard was telling us the cost of some of the parts and it was enough to buy whole cars with. The clutch is probably the same one you would need (roughly the same power) and took 6 weeks to ship from Japan and was about £650 I think. He burnt out the standard clutch in one run up the Santa Pod stretch. :eek:

#6 ·
Ouch :(

I paid a shade under £18k for mine. It's only done 22k miles, has 4 new tyres and has only just been serviced (which is just as well because Im gonna be skint for the next month or so).

It's got a Nismo clutch as far as I know (will have to verify) so hopefully it should last a while - I hope anyway! :(

#13 · (Edited)
Hi Richard :)

Yeah, Guy is a top bloke - his R34 was amazing when I went to pick up the car, I was absolutely staggered - two gorgeous Skylines on one drive. He's the lucky bastard! :)

It's an awesome car, very scary to drive - the back end has stepped out on me about 3 times recently whilst accelerating. Mad.
Wayne: I think I saw you the other day coming down College Road... Dunno if you saw me, I only had chance to wave slightly

Tim_P: "totally bizarre" ? :(

#14 ·
Originally posted by Durzel
Dunno if you saw me, I only had chance to wave slightly
...because I was doing 150mph at the time :p

Back end stepping out? Richard 'demonstrated' that too me, damn scary it was. Not really a twich is it, the rear just comes round and you can't see it ever correcting but the car just does it for you. ;)

#15 ·
LOL definitely not a twitch.

What's more scarier is that apparently you're supposed to keep accelerating hard when the back steps out so that the car can transfer power to the front. They say its actually worse to let off the throttle when this happens...

To be honest, the last thing Im going to do in this car is keep accelerating when its going sideways :)

#17 ·
To be honest, most of it is paid for on a loan that I'll be paying back for the next few years - but I figure now is the only time I'll only really be able to enjoy it before I start having to think about "'er indoors", worrying about whether theres enough space in the family MPV for the shopping and thinking about what to get the kids for Christmas...

Might as well do these things while you're young, free and single I suppose :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.