Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Meguiar's Quick Clay - The Test

2K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  gatecrasher3 
#1 ·
Car hasn't been cleaned since the half-****d effort at Trax. Before that it would have been before Billing, and before that.... **** knows.

So car has lots of in-grained **** and random odd blotchy stains and stuff stuck to the paint. Noticed there'd recently been a lot of detailing/cleaning/Meguiar's promotion on MIG, so on my trip to Halfrauds I picked up some of that miracle-working Quik-Clay stuff, and thought I'd give it a wizz!

Wasn't too sure whether or not to go the whole hog and spend a further 25 nicker on the 3-step clean/polish/caranuba wax thingy, so thought I'd just try this first.

BEFORE:

Wing & roof

STEP ONE:

Get out the...

...and a bucket of warm water. Little while later we have:

Semi-dried off

Obligatory arty-mincing shots

STEP DEUX:

All dried of

Stuff like this which I really wanted to get out:

STEP THREE:

Open le box

What's that? 100% cotton cloth needed?

How convenient! Thank you to the Bass Junkies girl at Trax, you're so thoughtful :)

I'm incompetent. Can't even fight my way into a packet.

First go - Did just the bottom-right corner of the bonnet, and all this came off!

AFTER:

Three hours later.......

Pictures don't really do it justice.... it was fairly glazed before and matt to touch, but is now shiny as anything!

Does regular use help get it even better?
Would defo use again, but also try to do the 3-stage Meg's cleaning process milarchy afterwards too.

See less See more
#4 ·
Gaytasticlmao lmao lmao
Some people doubt the ability of quik clay but it does work, although I only did the spoiler on my car (as a test) then got bored :mad:

#7 ·
Dude... I believe that soap will be too strong for using now. Something like megs nxt or soft suds is good as it won't get rid of todays hard work. The clay makes an amazing difference and leaves paint smooth. BTW they t shirt would of caused swirl marks and fine scratches! For £12 you could of had 3 microfibres to do the job and not scratch the car! Don't believe me? Clean a brand new CD with your t shirt as if you were waxing a car for 3/4 stages...

#12 ·
spanishfly said:
Mr m3 never use washing up liquid on a car:(
Never ever would mate :beer:

Good thing you said about a t-shirt and cd, never thought of that. Couldn't get a better demonstration :)

Another one - Don't clean a new jet black car with a brush you sweep the floor with!

o0ian0o said:
im still undecided about buying this, i got the 3 stage kit but cant see how the clay would get it looking any better :confused:
Way I see it, will pull grime out of all the fine scratches etc, whereas polishing the surface will just go over and miss them?

#23 ·
If the paint has felt rough in the past Ive always tried to polish it out with AG super resin polish. Tar & insects n all.

But I bought some quik clay last month & whilst doing the pre wash I figured, yeah thats clean, Nah! After the quik clay that I did on the fr wing... wow what a difference.

This stuff is amazing tbh. If you dont like waxing/polishing. Get this.

#24 ·
CraigGreen said:
This stuff is amazing tbh. If you dont like waxing/polishing. Get this.
Claying is no replacement for waxing, waxing is to protect the paint, nothing else will do the same job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.